Business name not on Check Pay checks

Options
Since switching to Bill Manager last spring, my business name no longer appears on my business checks. Rather, my own name appears on the checks. This is confusing to my business payees.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• plattom
    plattom Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks, UKR. The Mac interface is different, but you got me on the right track. From the Menu bar, I clicked Accounts>Settings>Bill Pay>Check Pay>Edit Payment Accounts. Then, I changed the name on the account from my name to the business name. After I've used Check Pay a time or two and the checks clear the bank, I'll see if my change worked.

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Options

Hello@plattom

Thank you for posting in the Community though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your name on the checks rather than the business name.

It seems that for the business name to be on the check, the payment account would need to be a business account rather than a personal one. Though it seems as though you’ve indicated that before moving to Bill Manager, the business name was being printed on the checks? Were you previously using Quicken Bill Manager or Bank Bill Pay? Were you using the same payment account with the other service?

Any additional information that you can provide will be helpful.

Thank you

Quicken Diana

• plattom
    plattom Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hmmmm.....Two business accounts involved. As I look back, prior to using Quicken Bill Pay when I was using my banks' bill pay, the business names were printed on the checks. Since switching to Quicken Bill Pay in the spring of 2019 and Quicken Bill Manager in the spring of 2020, the business names no longer appear on the checks, just my own name. I've made no changes to the accounts with the banks. Thanks Diana.
  • Quicken Diana
    Options

Hello@plattom

Thank you for the additional information. Is it possible that the bank bill pay system had an option to choose what name would appear on the check as the payer? Of course, I’m not able to test Quicken Bill Pay, however for Quicken Bill Manager, the expectation is that the check payer name will be the name on the payment account.

You mentioned in your last post that there are two business accounts involved. It sounds like these accounts are used for the business but are they set up at the financial institution as business accounts? Would it be possible to have the bank “label” these accounts with the business name?

Thank you

Quicken Diana

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know about Quicken Mac, but in Quicken for Windows you can edit the address used for Quick Pay checks.
    See my response and a picture in  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20134888#Comment_20134888
    I hope, Quicken Mac works the same ...

• plattom
    plattom Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks, UKR. The Mac interface is different, but you got me on the right track. From the Menu bar, I clicked Accounts>Settings>Bill Pay>Check Pay>Edit Payment Accounts. Then, I changed the name on the account from my name to the business name. After I've used Check Pay a time or two and the checks clear the bank, I'll see if my change worked.
This discussion has been closed.