Blank popup asking for password when loading Windows Quicken desktop

After updating my password through the website, I now see a popup when loading the Quicken app with only a heading asking me to enter my password. The rest of the box is blank with no place to enter anything. I am able to kill the popup but then left without access to the app.

Best Answer

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Okay, I just changed my password at: https://www.quicken.com/ My Account.

I opened Quicken and got the same Window as you attached.

As I was about to attempt to X / Close the Window, the Window populated and I was able to enter the New Password in via Ctrl-V after clicking on the Password Field.

Give the Window time to populate. It depends on your CPU and Memory Speed on how long it will take.

Always enter the password, by using Ctrl-V . It is more accurate and eliminates typing mistakes.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

Answers

• thecreator

At the bottom, of the window, click to Sign in as a different user. Then type Yes to Confirm Sign Out and click SIGN OUT.

Now simply re-register your Quicken Data File with the New Password.

If you don't see Sign in as a different user, try pressing Esc or create a dummy data file, just to get into the App.

• tejlwright
    tejlwright Member ✭✭
    I'm afraid there is nothing to let me Sign In. The popup only shows "Enter Quicken ID password" along with the Quicken icon in top left corner and 'X' to cancel in the top right corner. The rest of the popup window is entirely blank. I've tried to attach a screen print. I'm able to click the 'X' to cancel the popup but then am left with my normal Quicken home screen but it's darkened and doesn't allow me to do anything. It appears to just be locked.
  • thecreator
    Answer ✓

Okay, I just changed my password at: https://www.quicken.com/ My Account.

I opened Quicken and got the same Window as you attached.

As I was about to attempt to X / Close the Window, the Window populated and I was able to enter the New Password in via Ctrl-V after clicking on the Password Field.

Give the Window time to populate. It depends on your CPU and Memory Speed on how long it will take.

Always enter the password, by using Ctrl-V . It is more accurate and eliminates typing mistakes.

• tejlwright
    tejlwright Member ✭✭
    Thank you, thank you! Finally got it to work. You're a lifesaver. I've used Quicken for years and have tons of info. Was worried I'd have to start from scratch or worse yet go to another product.
  • Bryan136
    Bryan136 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. I have waited for the popup window to populate for about 30-45 min and still nothing. How do you get it to unfreeze?
  • Bryan136
    Bryan136 Member ✭✭
    I was able to use a second account to sign in and them get to my main account. not sure why I was getting the error message in the first place but seems resolved now
This discussion has been closed.