Bills/Payables Account

Options
Hello, I have been using Quicken to track my consulting business invoices and payments for years. Today, I attempted to create a new invoice in the usual way and I received a window saying that I needed to create a "Bills/Payables" account. It took me to a window where I could set up an Accounts receivable account, but I already have one. All of my previous invoices are there. It somehow is not recognizing my old invoices account. How do I fix this. Thanks

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @aarts

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd that it's making you make another account. I do wonder though if it lets you choose the account after making it potentially? Another thing might be to try creating the account then deleting it to see if it might recognize the account once the new ones been created. 

Another thing is we could also try from the register to see if we have the same issue. On the bottom the last transaction will be blank and we'll be able to make one from here. First you'll want to go under type and select the invoice option. Then all the way to the right there will be this small button that looks like a paper that should allow us to create an invoice. I'll leave a photo below showing these options.

Let us know if this helps you out! If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @aarts

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is quite odd that it's making you make another account. I do wonder though if it lets you choose the account after making it potentially? Another thing might be to try creating the account then deleting it to see if it might recognize the account once the new ones been created. 

Another thing is we could also try from the register to see if we have the same issue. On the bottom the last transaction will be blank and we'll be able to make one from here. First you'll want to go under type and select the invoice option. Then all the way to the right there will be this small button that looks like a paper that should allow us to create an invoice. I'll leave a photo below showing these options.

Let us know if this helps you out! If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.