Adding a new Mortgage company

I have a mortgage and the company info is uploaded in Quicken. My loan was sold and I have a new mortgage company. I cannot find where to "edit" my old company info to overwrite it with the new info. Do I have to Delete my old mortgage company and just start over with the new company info? If I delete the old company, what happens to old payments or payments that were transferred from my bank to the mortgage company? Thank you

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @El Hud

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. In this case you would need to add a new account because you're unable to relink a loan after it has been set up for download. You can choose to delete the old account or close/deactivate it if you would like depending if you would like the history within the account still. Personally I would recommend deactivating it that way you'll still have the previous history but it's up to you.

As far as the payments they should still be inside of your banks account but they may not be linked if they previously were so they may say [No Account] or something similar in the category field if you delete the account. You may just want to change it to mortgage or a better fitting category. If you decide not to delete the account the transactions should stay the same.

If you do have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @El Hud

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. In this case you would need to add a new account because you're unable to relink a loan after it has been set up for download. You can choose to delete the old account or close/deactivate it if you would like depending if you would like the history within the account still. Personally I would recommend deactivating it that way you'll still have the previous history but it's up to you.

As far as the payments they should still be inside of your banks account but they may not be linked if they previously were so they may say [No Account] or something similar in the category field if you delete the account. You may just want to change it to mortgage or a better fitting category. If you decide not to delete the account the transactions should stay the same.

If you do have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• El Hud
    El Hud Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your assistance!
  • Quicken Francisco
    @El Hud

Glad to hear you were able to get it working! If you do have any other questions feel free to make another thread for any other issues you may have!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • El Hud
    El Hud Member ✭✭
    Quicken Francisco, here's another one. I just went to Cloud Sync to backup my files and nothing from my Investing category uploaded into my iPad or iPhone Quicken app. I had this info prior but cannot figure out why it is gone or how to activate it back to populate into the app. Thank you
  • El Hud
    El Hud Member ✭✭
    Also, all investing accounts under -> Mobile & Web -> Add or Remove Accounts to Sync -> Edit Account Settings, all accounts have a checkbox next to them but they do not populate in my Quicken App
  • Quicken Francisco
    @El Hud

Thanks for the update. I think since we're not seeing all of the accounts we'll want to refresh the cloud so that we're able to see if that may help us get backed up and synced. I'll leave the steps down below.

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.
    Once you've done this see if you're able to get the accounts synced. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • El Hud
    El Hud Member ✭✭
    Francisco, good news...It Worked! However, there was a hiccup. I noticed when I tried to sync after I reset my cloud data, it kept getting stuck on "Watchlist". I then went to look at my Watchlist and there were hundreds of securities listed. (I trade stock options, Vertical Call Spreads. So for every option spread purchased, there is a Bought and ShtSell and then when it expires, there is a Sold and a CvrShrt transaction recorded. A lot of info!) I then cleaned out the Watchlist and tried again. Success! Thank you again for your help!
  • El Hud
    El Hud Member ✭✭
    Francisco, I forgot to ask, why do all of the stocks purchased populate in the watchlist? I download the activity from the brokerage so I do not know if I can manually turn that off. Thoughts?
  • Quicken Francisco
    @El Hud

I believe your watch list by defaults includes any Stock that you're in possession of. If you'd like to remove them from the watch list you can do so in the investing tab on the desktop and under portfolio will list your watch list. This will also include a small spot that will let you edit the watch list to your preferences or add new stocks you'd like to watch. Hopefully that explains how it works if you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.