Can not get past sign-in screen (Quicken 2020 H&B)

Options
onix
onix Member ✭✭
Uninstalled & reinstalled. Program prompts for email login and password twice, then tell me my subscription is valid and prompts me to download the installer. As another person reported for Quicken 2016, it flashes my portfolio for a second before the login prompt comes up full screen.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with the Quicken file.  To get Quicken to open the Quicken file, exit the Quicken ID password prompt window by selecting the X on upper right of the window.  You may need to do this multiple times but eventually Quicken should allow you access.  Then...
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes 
    5. Select Sign Out
    6. Sign in with the original Quicken ID.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with the Quicken file.  To get Quicken to open the Quicken file, exit the Quicken ID password prompt window by selecting the X on upper right of the window.  You may need to do this multiple times but eventually Quicken should allow you access.  Then...
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes 
    5. Select Sign Out
    6. Sign in with the original Quicken ID.
  • onix
    onix Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. That worked.
  • onix
    onix Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK, I'm stuck again. I am forced to the login prompt, after briefly seeing all my accounts. Numerous attempts to kill the program, and restart do not solve it, now allow me to get to the Edit > Preferences... menu item.
  • Roger Li
    Roger Li Member ✭✭
    Options
    I face the same problem. I can not go beyond this point. When I do the login, the download screen comes up, even after I reset the sign in account, and relogin with the same one or different ID, still no luck. How to solve this problem?

I have been trying to create a new ID, still not working.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @onix and @Roger Li

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. In this case I recommend contacting Quicken Support via phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. This will help us figure out what exactly is happening that's preventing us from accessing the program properly. I'll leave ours hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• joaniek
    joaniek Member
    Options
    Spent 1.5 hours with Tech Support - could not solve problem
This discussion has been closed.