Logo printing on checks (Q Win)

Options
Ahmed
Ahmed Member ✭✭
We have been printing checks for for months and everything was fine along with the logo printing on the check. Now we just printed all our checks for this months and NONE of them have the logo. The logo file is gone and I am certain its probably from the last update!!

Now this might seem simple to you, but it is embarrassing to us to send these checks like that. It will be a mess to redo, reprint, and void the older checks that will go in the trash!!

Any thoughts on an easy fix for the logo and the reprint void, clean up?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Ahmed,

This is a specific (and not nearly ideal) potential fix to your current problem.  It is also not elegant but should allow you to get past your current crisis.

I suggest that you use MS Word (or some similar application) to add your logo to the checks that you have produced though Quicken.  The idea is to create a Word document with ONLY your logo located in the correct position and then run the batch of checks through the printer a second time. To get this right, you will have to experiment with the location a few times, but in the end, it will allow you to send the checks out for now, and avoid the need to void and reissue them.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Ahmed,

This is a specific (and not nearly ideal) potential fix to your current problem.  It is also not elegant but should allow you to get past your current crisis.

I suggest that you use MS Word (or some similar application) to add your logo to the checks that you have produced though Quicken.  The idea is to create a Word document with ONLY your logo located in the correct position and then run the batch of checks through the printer a second time. To get this right, you will have to experiment with the location a few times, but in the end, it will allow you to send the checks out for now, and avoid the need to void and reissue them.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ahmed, what Q product and BUILD of that product are you running? You can get this info at HELP, About Quicken.
    Are you, perhaps, running Quickbooks ... and not Quicken?
    Because, to my knowledge, Q has NEVER printed anything on a check except the info that would otherwise be hand-written.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @NotACPA

This is from Quicken H&B's Help menu:

Frankx

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > "The logo file is gone and I am certain its probably from the last update!!"
    Where, exactly, is/was your logo file stored?
    Is it still there? If not, do you have a backup of this file that you can restore?
    It appears that the file location defaults to the \Documents folder. The logo file should be stored outside of any Quicken-related \AppData or \Program Files or \Program Data folders ... anywhere that can get wiped if you have to reinstall Quicken.
    It's quite possible that there was a glitch in a software update causing Quicken to lose some setup parameters. Running File / Printer Setup / For printing checks and re-selecting the Logo file should get it back for future checks.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whaddya know. A new feature that, since I don't print checks, I'd completely missed.  I know how to print logos on Invoices and Statements ... but had no idea that you could print them on checks (obviously) also.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.