Starting a fresh data file in 2017

Madmoney
Madmoney Member
Can I start a fresh data file without Quicken pulling in every old account/transaction from old versions over the last decade?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes, File > New and then select Start from Scratch on the Getting Started page. This creates an entirely new, blank data file. It won't have any of your Payees, your customized category list, your investment securities -- it'll be completely blank. (You can still go back and open the previous data file if you need to look something up; just name your files appropriately so you won't get confused if you're going to be switching back and forth.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know Mac but can't you go up to File-New Quicken File?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Yes, File > New and then select Start from Scratch on the Getting Started page. This creates an entirely new, blank data file. It won't have any of your Payees, your customized category list, your investment securities -- it'll be completely blank. (You can still go back and open the previous data file if you need to look something up; just name your files appropriately so you won't get confused if you're going to be switching back and forth.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.