How do I modify the invoice number so it auto increments properly.

Example: I want to start with invoice number 36 so I want the next to invoice to be 37.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can change the Invoice # field to start at any number you want and after that it will increase the number to the next.  So if you input "36" into the "Invoice #" field for your initial invoice, the next one will automatically be #37.

To get started: Click on the "Business Tab" > then "Create Invoice" > then fill in the various fields > when you get to the "INVOICE #" field - enter 36 and go on from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can change the Invoice # field to start at any number you want and after that it will increase the number to the next.  So if you input "36" into the "Invoice #" field for your initial invoice, the next one will automatically be #37.

To get started: Click on the "Business Tab" > then "Create Invoice" > then fill in the various fields > when you get to the "INVOICE #" field - enter 36 and go on from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you have created the first invoice with 36, when creating future invoices simply tab into the Invoice number field and press the "+" key. This should increment to the next invoice number, functioning in the same way as incrementing the Check # in a checking account register transaction.
This discussion has been closed.