Quicken says "A free update is available" but when try to update says "latest version installed"

Options
bbethke
bbethke Member ✭✭✭
One Step update keeps telling me "A free update to Quicken is available to download". However, when I click on "Download Update" I get a window that says "Latest version is already installed".

I no longer see a chat option for support and email for support was taken away a long time ago. I searched the forum for this problem and it is listed (by several users) but a solution was never offered.

And yes, I have the latest version (R30.14). I was updated to that version some time ago and never had the nagging request until just recently. It seems that something as simple as knowing what version is running and if a newer version was really available would be something the Quicken developers could figure out.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hello @bbethke

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I was taking a look and noticed there is a more recent patch but it maybe a staged release from the looks of it. I would recommend seeing if by installing the mondo patch we're able to try pushing this through. I'll leave the patch below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you have the patch installed let us know if you're still having the issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Small update

It looks like the patch is not live yet but was prepared to be released in the upcoming days. If you aren't able to install the patch just yet this is likely the issue. Once we're able to push the patch we shouldn't see the issue anymore. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • bbethke
    bbethke Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay, I will wait a week and try again to see if Quicken gets their act together and allows the download they tell me I should get. But can you put in a request to your development team to NOT tell us we have a new update available if in fact we DO NOT. They should not put that alert in one-step update until it is available from the link they give in one-step update. One would think this would be an obvious thing to do, but apparently it is not to the Quicken development team. It is unfortunate since now that I know there is a bug with the request to download a new update, I will just have to ignore it for a while - not knowing when it might really be available. I have tried several times already.
This discussion has been closed.