Is there a report that shows all placeholders in all accounts?

Jerry2
Jerry2 Member ✭✭
I have multiple investment accounts. Is there a report that shows all placeholders in all accounts? Now I find placeholders for the same security (name changes, spinoffs, etc.) in the various accounts. It would be convenient if I could get a unified placeholder list for all may accounts. Is that possible?

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Jerry2 said:
    Thank you for replying.
    I followed your kind directions but the resulting report is blank. Quicken could find no transactions matching the criteria.
    It seems to me that Quicken is searching for "share added to account" while I would like it to search for *placeholders*. Does Quicken have a special designation for placeholders it can search for?
    Thanks again
    I typo'd.  The string I intended was shares added to account but you might also need shares removed from account.  So, to match them all, try: shares.

Note: You may produce a similar result using Investment Transactions report but the Transaction report allows us to delete multiple transactions and resolve the placeholder transactions directly from within the report.

Of course, we may export the reports to a spreadsheet where we may search for the *Placeholder action.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    I suggest you use a customized Transaction report.  For example: select Reports > Investing > Transaction, select Alt + C, select Include all dates in the Date range: pull-down menu, select the Accounts tab, check Show (hidden accounts), select Clear AllInvesting, Mark All, the Categories tab, enter shares in the Memo contains: entry box, and select OK.
  • Jerry2
    Jerry2 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for replying.
    I followed your kind directions but the resulting report is blank. Quicken could find no transactions matching the criteria.
    It seems to me that Quicken is searching for "share added to account" while I would like it to search for *placeholders*. Does Quicken have a special designation for placeholders it can search for?
    Thanks again
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Jerry2 said:
    Thank you for replying.
    Thanks again
    I typo'd.  The string I intended was shares added to account but you might also need shares removed from account.  So, to match them all, try: shares.

Note: You may produce a similar result using Investment Transactions report but the Transaction report allows us to delete multiple transactions and resolve the placeholder transactions directly from within the report.

Of course, we may export the reports to a spreadsheet where we may search for the *Placeholder action.
  • Jerry2
    Jerry2 Member ✭✭
    much closer.
    The report showed placeholders. Only problems it also showed a few buys, sells, and div in the action column. But this report is usable. Thank you.

Thanks also for your suggestion about exporting to Excel. I did that and sorted the action column, which brought all the placeholders together.
    Thank you.
  • Jerry2
    Jerry2 Member ✭✭
    Sorting on action column did not achieve the same result because the date column grouped some items in different groups.
This discussion has been closed.