Renewing Subscription for 2021

I just renewed my subscription for 2021. I have version 2020 Quicken. They sent me version 2019 as my download. Do I even need to download this or just continue to receive updates with my 2020 version? Thanks.

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Who did the sending?
    A retail partner or Quicken.com?
    If Quicken.com, your subscription should already be extended.
    If retail partner, you need to apply the activation using the selection on the Help menu in Quicken.
    You do not need to download and/or install anything.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Who did the sending?
    A retail partner or Quicken.com?
    If Quicken.com, your subscription should already be extended.
    If retail partner, you need to apply the activation using the selection on the Help menu in Quicken.
    You do not need to download and/or install anything.

• raf49er
    raf49er Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Can I purchase Quicken Premier copy from amazon, costco, ebay, etc to extend my current subscription? My renewal is in April 2021. Just a 76 year old guy trying to save a buck. Thank you in advance for your reply.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    raf49er said:
    Can I purchase Quicken Premier copy from amazon, costco, ebay, etc to extend my current subscription? My renewal is in April 2021. Just a 76 year old guy trying to save a buck. Thank you in advance for your reply.
    Yes, just buy it from a reputable retailer so that you don't get a "used" activation code.  Not saying that all of eBay is rotten, just be careful of getting "too good" a deal.

• Thanks!
  • raf49er
    raf49er Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    I see Staples has quicken premier for $46.79 for first time users. Can I still use this copy to extend my subscription of April 2021. Thank You in advance for your reply.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    raf49er said:
    I see Staples has quicken premier for $46.79 for first time users. Can I still use this copy to extend my subscription of April 2021. Thank You in advance for your reply.
    We have not had any confirmation/explanation from Official Quicken on how these "New User" versions from retailers work.
    When buying from Quicken.com, they look at your subscription status and it either has to be expired over thirty days or non-existent.  Not sure how they intend for this to work with the retail package.
    Until further information is available, I would not purchase such packaging.

This discussion has been closed.