Quicken - Please provide an update on Web Connect & PNC accounts.

Options
Problems with syncing my PNC accounts have been going on for two months. The last update that I see on this issue is in late November.

Does Quicken consider this problem solved?

Answers

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    The latest update back in November indicates the Direct Connect is fixed, but some Express Web Connect users fixed it by deactivating and reactivating their connection. Maybe give that a try?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7882512/ongoing-11-27-20-pnc-returns-cc-502-102-error

Good luck!

wags Glad to be here!

• Brent
    Brent Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the response but I've been following this issue. One of my PNC accounts is set up for Direct Connect and it has been syncing. I have three accounts that use Web Connect and I have reset, deactivated & reactivated multiple times over the past 60 days. They work for a while then I start getting error messages again.

Since there has not been an official update on this issue in over a month I would like Quicken Support to just state whether this is still an open issue or if they assume that it has been resolved.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a user to user forum and support does not respond to postings here. I have PNC for DC and EWC (now QCS) and while there was the time while it was down, I have been able to download successfully 55 out of 60 days. That is not to say that every single transaction gets downloaded. EWC by its nature is imperfect and that is the best one can hope for.
    I would suggest you contact Quicken support and have the server reset for your account. You may have exacerbated the issue by continually deactivating/resetting/activating. It's best to wait out most connection errors as they normally clear in a few days.
    Support can be reached here.
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community
  • Brent
    Brent Member ✭✭
    Options
    Again, I appreciate you taking time to respond. I did not say that I have been reactivating on a daily basis but since early November my pattern has been that Web connect works for several days, then throws errors for several days. Sometimes reactivating the account then cures the problem. Sometimes it does not. I've now been receiving errors again for a couple of days.

I realize that this is a user forum. I can and have contacted support privately. In fact I spent 1 1/2 hours online a month or so ago completely disconnecting and reconnecting the accounts. It worked for a while.

Syncing my accounts is supposed to save me time. My frustration is not aimed at you or anyone else who responds or even at Quicken Support. I simply feel that there should be a public update of the status. Either the issue is resolved -- and the problem is mine alone -- or it is not resolved and they are still working on it.
  • R D
    R D Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I feel your frustration Brent, I'm in the same boat.  4 accounts at PNC:

1) Checking - Works with DC and QC
    2) HELOC - Works with QC only
    3) Mortgage 1 - Has not worked with either method since October 2020
    4) Mortgage 2 - Has not worked with either method since October 2020

I've tried disconnecting all the accounts and every permutation of reconnecting them. I've also let it sit for over a month before making any changes.  Nothing seems to allow me to sync all 4 accounts, so I'm currently using QC so I can at least get half of the accounts updated.  I don't know what else to do except follow threads like yours and the one referenced above.
  • Brent
    Brent Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the response, RD. I'm using Direct Connect for my PNC checking account and haven't had a problem for quite a while.

The 3 accounts using Web Connect are erratic. I get different error numbers on different days. Sometimes I'm prompted for the 2nd factor and sometimes not (and that seems to have no bearing on whether the sync is successful). Sometimes I'll get an error on the 3 Web Connect accounts during the One Step Update but then they sync when I click Update Now in a single account. It would require a daily journal to try to identify any pattern.

I do see that Quicken Support has updated the PNC notice so at least I have that! ;-)
  • mikek
    mikek Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as Brent with 2 PNC accounts, both Web Connect.  Is there a way to go back to DC?  I have been downloading qfx files directly from PNC and then importing to work around this for sometime.  Until today.  I updated to 31.6  and now  imports fail.  I have the same problem with Capital One Bank so I'm hesitant to blame PNC.
  • studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    mikek said:
    I have the same problem as Brent with 2 PNC accounts, both Web Connect.  Is there a way to go back to DC?  I have been downloading qfx files directly from PNC and then importing to work around this for sometime.  Until today.  I updated to 31.6  and now  imports fail.  I have the same problem with Capital One Bank so I'm hesitant to blame PNC.
    You can see which you're using and switch to direct connect by clicking Change Connection Method https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-change-bank-connection-method 

wags Glad to be here!

This discussion has been closed.