Schwab Transactions Not Downloading

2»

Comments

• Ronald L Doyle
    Ronald L Doyle Member ✭✭✭
    I did the exact same procedure a couple of weeks ago for my multiple Schwab logins and accounts with the same result. Within a couple of days, I was missing transactions again in my downloads. This week, my daily download results have been spotty. Dividends posted on 11/30 haven’t downloaded. Dividend posted 12/1 and 12/4 downloaded successfully.
  • stewch9
    stewch9 Member ✭✭
    Yes, I tried this Deactivate/Reactivate process as well -- this is what QSupport walked me through -- but it did not work.

I reviewed all transactions in October and November against my Schwab statements and entered the missing ones manually. Shocked to find some missing ones from October as well. Can't explain that, just feels better to share...
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Member ✭✭
    Ronald, and Stewch9:
    Thanks for the heads up. I will monitor closely as well. Looking at Quicken release notes, I see that they have been fiddling with the investment software code, "Simple" vs Full tracking. I suspect they still have more work to do. Not good.
  • Quickrfg
    Quickrfg Member ✭✭
    My experience may be helpful to this discussion. I am running Premier version R29.22 (build 27.1.29.22). I download transactions from two financial-services firms, one at a time, using Direct Connect. One of the firms is Charles Schwab, with which I have three accounts. While I experienced problems with the Schwab download similar to what has been reported here, there were no discrepancies in the download of multiple accounts from the other firm. I executed the downloads on November 28. I have had no previous download problems.

After reading the other posts, it seems that this defect is related neither to the new release nor to One Step Update. My downloads involved various transaction types, not solely dividend or income transactions. Here are the details of my experience.

When I downloaded transactions on November 28, two of the Schwab accounts appeared correctly in Quicken. (I did not use One Step Update.) In the first account, Quicken properly shows all of my Schwab transactions: Bank Interest, Buy, Journal, Reinvest Dividend, Sell. The second account properly shows the two types of transactions that occurred in November: Bond Interest, Journal. (I am using Schwab’s terminology.)

For the third account, however, Quicken shows all transactions except those Schwab identifies as “Qualified Dividend” and “Bond Interest” (the only income transactions that occurred in November).

On December 1, the download of the first account produced Quicken entries for Buy, Cash Dividend, and Journal transactions. There were no transactions for the other two accounts.

The single Schwab download retrieves transactions from each account. Has anyone else experienced a download in which at least one account shows all the transactions and at least one account is missing the income transactions?

I am wondering, when Quicken suggested the deactivation and reactivation of the online setup for each account, whether this was a solution determined after examining the code changes or the usual “turn it off and turn it back on, see what happens next” approach to first-level support. Considering stewch9’s lack of success, I am uncertain about performing the deactivate/activate procedure.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Quickrfg ,

Quicken is constantly making changes behind the scenes, based on making the latest patch work.

It is not concern about making sure that your patch level, works or not.

Make sure that you are exactly running the latest patch, before making changes and not just saying you are on the latest version.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• pwillie
    pwillie Member
    I am running Premier R30.19, build 27.1.30.19. Have been having problems for quite some time trying to download Schwab transactions. I see several things.... missing transactions (get some but not all transactions to download). Also, at times it downloads every transaction as new since the account was created and then I have to go and edit/delete each old one. Just not working well !
  • MadRanger
    MadRanger Member ✭✭
    I have been having the same Schwab download problem for longer than I first knew. Since I don't actively trade - nor pay much attention to exact balances, I have let minor imbalance issues rest. (Occasional imbalances were quirks I could remedy.) Today I noted that a quarterly fee in December 2020 was not downloading. My first effort was to contact Schwab - their system ate my submission. I then found this post and eventually tried Steve-O's solution - having had practice with the same process two nights ago with USAA Bank. Unfortunately, the step-thru of deactivate-reactivate did not resolve my problems - transactions are still missing from the linked checking account and two IRAs. I will send this post to Schwab for their weight-in.
This discussion has been closed.