Balance in register is different from reconcile window balance. (The reconcile balance is correct).

Options
mbbphoto
mbbphoto Member
I recently updated from quicken 2007. The balance of my checkbook in the register window (Top Right: Todays Balance) Is wildly off. When I reconcile the account, the online balance for todays date(at the top of the reconcile window) is correct. Why are they different??? Shouldnt they be the same?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    The usual suspect is unposted scheduled (aka Bill Reminder) transactions. This can be more likely as you recently switched from 2007.

The former affects the Today's balance, even if you never marked them as paid. They will not be calculated into the reconcile balance, as that is a sum of all reconciled transactions.

You can change the "Status" filter at the top to "uncleared"-this will show you any unpaid reminders. Click on Clear Filters when done.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    The usual suspect is unposted scheduled (aka Bill Reminder) transactions. This can be more likely as you recently switched from 2007.

The former affects the Today's balance, even if you never marked them as paid. They will not be calculated into the reconcile balance, as that is a sum of all reconciled transactions.

You can change the "Status" filter at the top to "uncleared"-this will show you any unpaid reminders. Click on Clear Filters when done.
This discussion has been closed.