I have a Vanguard 401K, one of my funds has a quote of $0.00. How do I get this to $1.00?

Charles208
Charles208 Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Company fund that I invest in is always $1.00/share. It behaves similar to a Money Market. Just I can't get this share price to show anything but a $0.00. Need suggestions as to how I can modify this issue.

Best Answer

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Check the Price History: Go to Window > Securities, double-click on the name of the fund in question and then click on the Price History tab-button.

If there are no entries in the Price History table, then the problem can likely be solved by adding an entry to the table: in the fields at the top of the table, set the Date to a time before any shares were recorded in Quicken, set the Closing Price to $1.00, and then click the Add button. Observe the new entry in the Price History table. Finally click the Done button in the lower right corner of the dialog.

However, if there are entries in the Price History table, but they all have a Closing Price of $0.00, then you are going to have to delete all these incorrect entries. Select all these entries, Control-Click on the entries, and select Delete. Then, make a price entry in the table as described in the previous paragraph.

It is always recommended that a backup of the Quicken Data File be available in case something goes wrong while preforming unfamiliar procedures on one's valuable financial data.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1

Answers

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Check the Price History: Go to Window > Securities, double-click on the name of the fund in question and then click on the Price History tab-button.

If there are no entries in the Price History table, then the problem can likely be solved by adding an entry to the table: in the fields at the top of the table, set the Date to a time before any shares were recorded in Quicken, set the Closing Price to $1.00, and then click the Add button. Observe the new entry in the Price History table. Finally click the Done button in the lower right corner of the dialog.

However, if there are entries in the Price History table, but they all have a Closing Price of $0.00, then you are going to have to delete all these incorrect entries. Select all these entries, Control-Click on the entries, and select Delete. Then, make a price entry in the table as described in the previous paragraph.

It is always recommended that a backup of the Quicken Data File be available in case something goes wrong while preforming unfamiliar procedures on one's valuable financial data.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • Charles208
    Charles208 Member ✭✭
    Ihossus, thanks that did it. While I have been using Quicken since the early 2000's the software just doesn't have very good instruction manual support. Then with the Mac version it is even worse. But overall the software is great. Thanks for pointing out this simple basic that I just missed. All looks good now.
This discussion has been closed.