Anyone else having issues after trying to update to the 30.9 version

Started quicken today, it did an update, after the update, it hangs. I went thru gyrations with support team uninstalling, cleaning, rebooting multiple times, and when I start it up, now I just get a Quicken logo box in the middle of my screen, and a spinning wheel if I hover my cursor over it

Answers

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Maybe hold the control key when starting quicken, and it'll come up to a plain screen and the File/Help menu appears at the top. If so, try opening your data file and see if that works or whether you need to restore from a backup. If it does open, do a File/File Operations/Validate to make sure the data is healthy.

wags Glad to be here!

• I'm trying to run it without even specifying a .qdf, and it hangs
  • The workaround to get by the hang was to remove my AppData/Roaming/Quicken/Config directory

Hit Windows Button, then CTRL-r, then type AppData, hit Enter, traverse to Roaming/Quicken, delete Config directory there
  • Tammy Van Buren
    Tammy Van Buren Member ✭✭✭
    Quicken continues to freeze during one step update. I tried the above fix, and it made everything worse. I have validated/repaired the file, uninstalled and reinstalled quicken. It will not update any accounts that use express web connect. I have tried to update account individually and they still hang. This is only since the latest update 27.1.30.21.
  • studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta
    Tammy, sorry you're having problems. I'd probably log out of your cloud ID and back in while you're on hold with Quicken Support. Edit/Preferences/Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts/Sign in as different user.

wags Glad to be here!

This discussion has been closed.