Installed Quicken on Win.7 activated ok, but had problems. Reinstalled on Win 10,

Options
Installed Quicken on Win 7 activated ok, but had problems. Support told me that Quicken would not work on Win 7. Bought a new computer, reinstalled Quicken on Win 10. When I try to sign in, get message that activation code has already been redeemed. Is there anything I can do without buying another copy (support said they only support downloaded versions of Quicken).

Best Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    From your comment I gather that you were able to activate Quicken while running on Windows 7.
    After installing Quicken on Windows 10 you should not need to use the activation code again. It should have been stored in your account at quicken.com
    Just logging in with your Quicken ID (the same one you used on W 7) after installation should have been sufficient.
  • electricjack
    electricjack Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Found out that the problem was that the first time I installed on Windows 7 I missed the e on electricjack and registered as lectricjack. When I installed on Windows 10 I was logging in as electricjack. Quicken thought that I was trying to use the activation numbers from another account. Thanks for answering this.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    From your comment I gather that you were able to activate Quicken while running on Windows 7.
    After installing Quicken on Windows 10 you should not need to use the activation code again. It should have been stored in your account at quicken.com
    Just logging in with your Quicken ID (the same one you used on W 7) after installation should have been sufficient.
  • marwin smith
    marwin smith Member ✭✭
    Options
    I lost all my data due to a windows crash and now would like to reinstall data from quicken cloud to my desktop version since no data available. Howw can I do this. My current data is on my IPAD and phone just not on desktop version
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The data in the Quicken Cloud is only a subset of the data in your Quicken desktop file. It can't be used to restore your data. 

Also, the Quicken Cloud is not a backup; you can't restore Quicken data from the Quicken Cloud, and you can't access the Quicken Cloud from anywhere except the desktop and mobile Quicken products.  If you're looking for a cloud backup service for Quicken, please see this information about Dropbox and Quicken.

What is the Quicken Cloud?

Hopefully you have a backup somewhere.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • electricjack
    electricjack Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Found out that the problem was that the first time I installed on Windows 7 I missed the e on electricjack and registered as lectricjack. When I installed on Windows 10 I was logging in as electricjack. Quicken thought that I was trying to use the activation numbers from another account. Thanks for answering this.
This discussion has been closed.