The Budget - Details screen Totals don't add up.

Options
The Totals at the bottom do not add. I have unchecked Include Reminders and Show Parent Category Rollup. I've also checked Show to-date column in annual view. Total adds up to 5355, not 7621. What am I missing?
Tagged:

Answers

• James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm creating a word document with screenshots to show the calculations in Quicken so I can have a better understanding of the Budget, Actual, and Balance screens. If anyone has done this before I'd appreciate the help. Like many I post future transactions into my accounts so I can see cash flow. therefore I have future Actuals that these screens depict.
  • James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have found the issue. The application correctly calculates -7621 as the 2021 Balance. The issue is the displayed amount for February does not show BALANCE. BALANCE is only shown for current month. So if you have future actuals beyond the current month, the totals will not sum based on displayed values.
  • James Nail
    James Nail Member ✭✭
    Options
    One further comment for Quicken Support. I think a good enhancement for the details screen would be to show the BALANCE column for any month that has ANY actual value (reminders checked or unchecked), then the calculation would be displayed correctly and be much easier to understand!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the Annual Budget view, Details option selected, it might make a difference if you have option "Show details for future months" selected (lower right hand corner of the budget view)
    If you use Scheduled Reminders for recurring events instead of pre-posting many future-dated transactions, you will be able to show cash flow forecasts in both Budget and Projected Balances views, without the need to clutter up your register with lots of future transactions.
This discussion has been closed.