Are there archiving options for data?

Options
We have not archived our personal data for a long time. Is there a way to archive say the oldest 5 years, leaving the newest 3 years?

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Retired Guy,

Thank you for inquiring about archiving older data. Yes, you can achieve your goal. Just in case, before you start this process, create a backup file. (File > Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken file). Please see this article, and adjust the dates accordingly: Creating a Year-end Copy At the End of the Calendar Year
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Retired Guy, 

As Quicken Hugh said, you can achieve your goal.  However, the question is why do you feel you need to?  Many users on this site would recommend against removing data from your data file.  It makes it more difficult to access it when you need it in the future.  My data file goes back over 20 years.  
  • pgraff99
    pgraff99 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've been trying Year End Copy for a couple of days, after reading and following instructions, checking various FAQs and no luck. Yes, I reconciled all my accounts. Yes, I ran the Validate and Repair. I try going with default date settings and all I ever get is a resulting file that's 100K smaller, but still has transactions back to 2014. I've not found anyone throughout my Google searches and reading Quicken FAQs who actually reported it works, but I see LOTS of "Why would you want or need to do that?" Just tell me to give up -- it doesn't work, but don't ask me why I'd want to do it. Does it actually work?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or you can do a  File - File Operations - File Copy with dates in the future it will do a better job than  year-end-copy. The YEC has to try to work around reconciled vs unreconciled transactions and the Copy doesn't.       

Unreconciled transactions and investments transactions won't be cleared out.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.