Question about Quicken cloud backups for MAC

I do not see where to ask a question about MAC quicken cloud backups. I need to know how to view all of my Quicken cloud backups. When I click on Edit-> Preferences, it only shows one. I should have five.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Just to be clear, you are asking about Quicken for Mac, right? There is no Edit > Preferences menu. You may be referring to Quicken > Preferences. 

In Preferences > Connect Services, you will see cloud accounts listed (normally only one). These are not backups, but rather identifiers for cloud accounts associated with your Quicken ID. 

Information stored in Quicken Cloud is not considered to be a backup of your data file. The data file cannot be restored from the cloud. The cloud is there to serve only as a supplement to the computer-based Quicken file in order to provide limited viewing and data entry functionality while away from the computer.

That said, it sounds like you may be confusing local backups with the cloud. In Quicken > Preferences > General, you can set the number of local backups to retain. It sounds like you have this set to five. To view the folder that contains these backup files, click menu 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Roubaix
    Roubaix Member
    Sorry, I meant Quicken for Windows which I am running on VMware Fusion hosted on a Mac. I had to downgrade my Mac OS from Big Sur to Catalina to resolve a Fusion issue and this caused my Quicken files, including backups on my Mac, to be be lost. I need a backup after the one showing in Edit>Preferences and was hoping there would be one on the Quicken cloud
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I know nothing about QWin, but what I said about Quicken Cloud not being a backup does apply to QWin. I know in Parallels you can set up Mac folders to show up as shared folders in the hosted Windows OS. If you did this in Fusion and pointed your QWin backups there, you should be able to retrieve them directly of via Time Machine if you're using that. Otherwise, your backups would be somewhere within the Windows OS in Fusion and I can't help with that. I'll ask that this post be moved back to a QWin category so you might get help from QWin experts.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.