Can you display in a report the split of a category - like a Mortgage payment

jdsturgeon
jdsturgeon Member ✭✭
edited January 2021 in Reports (Windows)
Example would be split the mortgage payment between (principle/interest) and (taxes/insurance)

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To be able to see items in a report - you have to have the actual numbers split in the transaction.... So instead of a single transaction with the total payment, you would need to "split" the payment entry with each internal split line having it's own entry reflecting the amount AND the Category... You would also need to create/modify how you enter the Mortgage payment and setup different sub-categories for the sub line items instead of just the one overall Category.
    Then the reports would show and reflect those sub breakouts.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To be able to see items in a report - you have to have the actual numbers split in the transaction.... So instead of a single transaction with the total payment, you would need to "split" the payment entry with each internal split line having it's own entry reflecting the amount AND the Category... You would also need to create/modify how you enter the Mortgage payment and setup different sub-categories for the sub line items instead of just the one overall Category.
    Then the reports would show and reflect those sub breakouts.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jdsturgeon
    jdsturgeon Member ✭✭
    Yes thank you that is what I thought but I also thought I would check with someone in case I missed something. Sometimes I'll export to xlsx to give me the break out so I'll know what taxes we paid etc. Thanks again for the help
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW - that was the simple answer related to just splitting of a Category.
    If you are actually looking at the Mortgage - there are a few other related topics you might research.....   ie - Setting up a Loan account -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.