TIAA Bank CC-899 Quicken unable to establish internet connection

Options
Using Quicken for Windows Deluxe subscription. Can download transactions from TIAA Bank website but cannot do so from within Quicken. When updating within Quicken progress shows a prolonged period of "reading" then fails with CC-899 report. Problem has existed for over a year. Contacted the bank but they were unable to resolve the issue. Tried changing the account name in Quicken but this did not help.
Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version of Windows are you running?
    Also please read and follow instructions here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-services-cc-899

• Brewno
    Brewno Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm using Windows 10 Home edition. Spent 90 minutes on the phone with Quicken support last night. Finally did a reset of Internet Advanced Settings and that seemed to fix the problem.

I turn my system off every night and do a cold boot in the morning. To my surprise the problem came back this morning. But after running One Step Update several times on two different data files the problem cleared up on its own. I suspect some Windows 10 self healing process happened.
  • Brewno
    Brewno Member ✭✭
    Options
    The CC-899 error came back the next day. It's now March 20 and
    I think I've found the problem. I'm using Firefox as my default browser. I'm also using an Add-on named uBlock Original. I believe the add-on runs when Quicken calls for the default browser to start up causing Quicken error CC-899. When I disable uBlock Original the CC-899 error disappears and Express Web connect updates work normally. Why this effects TIAA Bank and not several other financial institutions, I don't know.
  • carapotter
    Options
    Sorry for the delayed response but I had the same problem and just discovered the source: connection to my company VPN. When it's connected, I can't update and I get the CC-899 error.
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For me, TIAA Bank connection seems to require an occasional RESET.  Has anybody else observed this?
This discussion has been closed.