Transferring ALL transactions from one account to another?

Had to open a new credit card account due to fraud. Want to move all transactions from old account to new account. Unfortunately, when I attempt a move in bulk, Quicken asks if I want to move a "reconciled" transaction for every transaction individually. I have some where in the neighborhood of 1,000 transactions to move!

Anyone know how to do this in a less painful way?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Use the same Quicken account. Deactivate it from online services. Go into Account Details and erase the account number. Then use Tools > Add Account to reconnect your Quicken account with the new renumbered real-world account.
    If you've already done a bunch of transaction moves, revert to a backup from just before you did that and work from there.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Answer ✓
    Use the same Quicken account. Deactivate it from online services. Go into Account Details and erase the account number. Then use Tools > Add Account to reconnect your Quicken account with the new renumbered real-world account.
    If you've already done a bunch of transaction moves, revert to a backup from just before you did that and work from there.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Redlock55
    Redlock55 Member ✭✭
    It worked, thanks. Where is this listed in the Quicken help section?
    With all the fraud going around, credit card accounts, I would think, are being canceled and new ones started but you want to keep the transaction history of the old account current.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    I haven't figured out the new Quicken help yet. It's part online, part offline, and part Community. Here's what I got for "new credit card number". It sent me back to this forum.