Transfer from Bank Register to Offline Savings Account doesn't update

I entered a manual transaction to withdraw money from my bank register and deposit to an offline savings account and it didn't update the offline savings account balance.

I see the amount in the register for the offline savings account but in my list of accounts on the left hand side, the balance still says "0".

I used the "transfer" feature from the check register to the offline savings account. Quicken automatically entered "Transfer Money" as the Payee and the "Offline Savings Account" as the Category.

Any idea why the balance doesn't update?
Thank you.

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you set the Account Bar to show Ending Balance rather than Current Balance, it would show up before the date.
    You can select which balance, Ending or Current, is shown in the Account Bar by Right-Clicking on whitespace in the Account Bar and select the balance type you want from the dropdown list.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• chefjoanne
    chefjoanne Member ✭✭
    Im sorry....disregard. I just realized that it won't update until January 25th which is how I dated the transaction. Learning something new everyday!
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you set the Account Bar to show Ending Balance rather than Current Balance, it would show up before the date.
    You can select which balance, Ending or Current, is shown in the Account Bar by Right-Clicking on whitespace in the Account Bar and select the balance type you want from the dropdown list.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list