Using the Same Security (TSE:BCE & NYSE:BCE) in $CDN & $US Investment Accounts???

Options
Brian Hoffe
Brian Hoffe Member ✭✭
Hello:

I'm a Quicken Canada Windows subscription user and I have set up two investment accounts to track my Locked-In Retirement Account (LIRA). I did this as essentially the LIRA consists of a $CDN account which purchases securities in the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE) and a $US account which purchases securities in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).

In the $CDN account I had previously purchased Bell Canada Enterprises Inc. stock on the Toronto exchange (i.e. TSE:BCE). Recently however, I purchased the same stock, Bell Canada Enterprises Inc. in the $US account (i.e. NYSE:TSE) but can't add this security as it reports that I already have a security with the same name 🙄.

Is there a way to use the same security but traded different stock exchanges for $CDN & $US investment accounts? If so, how do I do it?

Cheers,
Brian Hoffe

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Change the names as you need — Bell Canada C$.  Then create the other and rename as Bell Canada US$, or similar. 

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Change the names as you need — Bell Canada C$.  Then create the other and rename as Bell Canada US$, or similar. 
  • Brian Hoffe
    Brian Hoffe Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks q_lurker - that worked. I named them BCE:TSE & BCE:NYSE 😊.
This discussion has been closed.