One Step Update is Freezing

:'( I just recently had my Quicken updated to 2020 R31.5 and every time I have ran One Step Update, I keeps locking up and freezing when trying to download data for one of my banks, Desert Financial CU. Any ideas on when a fix will come out for this?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@poseiden79

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering by chance do you have the mobile sync turned on? I've seen instances previously of the program freezing during that step. It'd be another good place to check. To do so you'll want to go across the top to edit > preferences > mobile & web > Sync off. From here after turning it off try syncing again and we'll see what we're able to find if that might be the cause. 

Once you get the chance to try this out let us know if you're able to get your one-step update. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• C.Menzer
    C.Menzer Member
    I also have this problem, except it is not updating Citi Bank or Chase, and it is also hanging on the One Step Update and preventing me from closing Quicken without force closing. Version is R31.6
  • Quicken Francisco

Hello @poseiden79

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering what might be causing this but to start off here lets start off with a copy validate that'll give us a base line to what might be going on here. I'll leave the steps down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

You'll be able to find it on the fourth step down below

Once you get the chance see if you're able to update. Let us know how it goes and we'll see what we can do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• poseiden79
    poseiden79 Member ✭✭
    I ran through through the steps for Data file validation and it completed and said it fixed a few errors with the QDF file. I then performed another one step update for all of my accounts, it completes the update for my Chase bank, still errors on connecting to Desert Financial, and then freezes and forces me to close it when trying to update my HSA bank and "Updating Data" for Online Services.
    So still no dice.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

@poseiden79

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering by chance do you have the mobile sync turned on? I've seen instances previously of the program freezing during that step. It'd be another good place to check. To do so you'll want to go across the top to edit > preferences > mobile & web > Sync off. From here after turning it off try syncing again and we'll see what we're able to find if that might be the cause. 

Once you get the chance to try this out let us know if you're able to get your one-step update. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• poseiden79
    poseiden79 Member ✭✭
    I did as instructed and turned off the mobile-web sync and ran the one step update again and it completed without any freezing or crashing.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @poseiden79

Thanks for the update and letting us know that turning off the sync worked for you. If you did want the sync back I believe you should be able to turn it back on and then resetting the cloud to try to get it up and running. You can do so by going into the same menu and turning it on. Then once turned on you'll see a button that says "reset your cloud data". If you do try this let us know how it goes. If you don't want to use the sync then you can leave it off and you should be good to go.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • MarkJZ
    MarkJZ Member ✭✭
    Just had the same problem with freezing OSU. Found this thread and turning off the sync fixed it.
  • I also had this same issue and turning off the mobile-web sync resolved the issue with my one step update freezing and not being able to recovery except forcing closing the application.

I the following the instructions around turning it back on along with performing the "reset your cloud data". After doing this and trying the one step update again, it started the freezing up again just just like before. I then again turned off the sync and was the one step update completed with no problem.

I want my mobile-web sync to be turned on because, though not as often, I do enter transaction on the mobile app and also I visit the web portal as well when there is a desktop available when I am not at home. Is this something that is going to be fixed? Or do I need to address this directly to Quicken Support? I am a Windows Subscription user and on Release R 34.24.
This discussion has been closed.