Tax preparation

Options
coach
coach Member ✭✭
I am working on getting my taxes organized to go to my CPA. The format has changed since I last did this. I cannot figure out how to link an entry so that it will be picked up when I run my report. I saw where you can run the report but it automatically set up for current year (2021) and I need it to run for 2020.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you using the Tax Schedule report? Are you using the current QMac Subscription version? I will answer based on that and that.

To run the report for 2020, click the Edit button at the top. Choose Last Year from the Date Range dropdown menu. When you close the report, you will have the option to save it as a custom report. The saved custom report will remember the date range of "Last Year".

To make a category show up in the Tax Schedule report, open the Categories window (menu Window > Categories). Double click on the category. In the pane that pops up, click the Tax-related checkbox and choose the appropriate Tax Form/Schedule and Tax Line. Transactions in that category will now show up in the Tax Schedule report.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you using the Tax Schedule report? Are you using the current QMac Subscription version? I will answer based on that and that.

To run the report for 2020, click the Edit button at the top. Choose Last Year from the Date Range dropdown menu. When you close the report, you will have the option to save it as a custom report. The saved custom report will remember the date range of "Last Year".

To make a category show up in the Tax Schedule report, open the Categories window (menu Window > Categories). Double click on the category. In the pane that pops up, click the Tax-related checkbox and choose the appropriate Tax Form/Schedule and Tax Line. Transactions in that category will now show up in the Tax Schedule report.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • coach
    coach Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the help I got the tax report up. It took a little longer to get the tax items activated. Fantastic job on your part! :) I did the helpful and smiley face. If there is something more I can do to benefit you please let me know. thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.