Downloaded transactions changing prefilled transactions in accounts

I budget and enter bank account and credit card account transactions in advance. When transactions actually execute and download into perspective accounts, the prefilled transaction information i.e. payee, splits, and memos are changed. How can I avoid this?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @19randyowen59.

It sounds like your settings are such that you are allowing the downloaded transactions to overwrite the manual entries you are pre-entering in Quicken.  You should change the setting as follows:

1) Go to "Edit" > "Preferences" 
    2) Select "Downloaded Transactions"
    3) In the "After Downloading Transactions" section - make sure that the "Automatically add..." boxes are NOT checked 
    4) In the "During Transaction Download" section - make sure the "Automatically apply Quicken's suggested name to payee" is NOT checked
    5) Click OK to close out.

Let me know of you have any followups and/or how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• 19randyowen59
    19randyowen59 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Frankx, I have adjusted accordingly. I will await tomorrow's download and follow up if necessary.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @19randyowen59,

Sounds good and please let me know the results.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.