An error occurred while installing Quicken

mlimanni
mlimanni Member ✭✭
:# I have been dealing with the Quicken Cloud issue for several days. They have announced it is fixed, but there still seem to be issues. I can connect to Quicken on the Web without problem from a browser on my MacBook Air (2020), but not the Quicken app. I have uninstalled it, rebooted, and am now trying to install a freshly downloaded copy.

When I double-click on the Quicken Installer app, I get the following error:

An error occurred while installing Quicken.
An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.

I have found that on the Quicken website, there are several links that do not have "https://" preceding them, causing security errors. I wonder...I can't imagine the developers did not code the correct API URL with this prefix...

Anyway, I am stuck. I have downloaded fresh copies at least three times now, deleting the old copy before downloading a new one, and it still will not install. I haven't had these problems for the last 18 months, now all of a sudden...

Best Answer

• mlimanni
    mlimanni Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This has finally been resolved as of today without change on my part.

Answers

• mlimanni
    mlimanni Member ✭✭
    I cleared my Mac caches and was able to successfully install Quicken, however, I now still get the "Unable to connect to Quicken Cloud". This was supposed to have been fixed... This is REALLY frustrating!
  • mlimanni
    mlimanni Member ✭✭
    Quicken is acting like I'm not connected to the internet, but, obviously, since I am writing this on the Quicken website and can still connect to Quicken on the Web, that is not the case.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @mlimanni

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. In this case I believe it would be best contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

• mlimanni
    mlimanni Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This has finally been resolved as of today without change on my part.
This discussion has been closed.