Category List Issue - after USAA changes

norvanl62
norvanl62 Member ✭✭
Recently the category list for my checking account fails to list my expense categories. It only lists the transfers (see the second figure attached. However, my credit card account still works as expected and shows the expense categories by default (see the first figure). This issue began after I had to deactivate/reactivate all of my USAA accounts due to changes on their end. Any thoughts on how I might fix this issue?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Even though I can't see it in your screenshot I think I know what is going on.

USAA is now incorrectly sending down all the transactions with the the transaction type set like this (from the OFX log):
    <TRNTYPE>XFER

So Quicken takes this to mean that it should put TXFR in the Check # field.
    This in turn causes Quicken to filter the category list to just transfers.

If you clear the TXFR from the Check # field Quicken will show you the full category list.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Even though I can't see it in your screenshot I think I know what is going on.

USAA is now incorrectly sending down all the transactions with the the transaction type set like this (from the OFX log):
    <TRNTYPE>XFER

So Quicken takes this to mean that it should put TXFR in the Check # field.
    This in turn causes Quicken to filter the category list to just transfers.

If you clear the TXFR from the Check # field Quicken will show you the full category list.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • norvanl62
    norvanl62 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Chris_QPW. That's is absolutely what the issue is. Looks like USAA is working through the issues with recent changes to their transfer protocols with Quicken and hopefully they resolve it soon!

Thanks again!
  • Steve511
    Steve511 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. This was my issue as well.
This discussion has been closed.