Transfer transactions not quickfilling with transfer category

Options
I think this question has been asked, but I can't locate it.

This problem has been going on for several months and involves entering a transfer transaction into an account register. I am not using bill pay; simply entering the transaction into the register.

For example, when entering a credit card payment into checking account register, Quicken previously would quickfill the category with transfer:[credit card name]. Quicken is no longer doing this. I have repeatedly saved the transfer category, but it never quickfills. Is there a setting I need to turn on?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You didn't mention what gets entered in the category field when you manually type in the transaction. (Blank, or another incorrect category?) 

When you are in the Category field, are you making sure the options to save the QuickFill Rule is checked?

That is the first place to check.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You didn't mention what gets entered in the category field when you manually type in the transaction. (Blank, or another incorrect category?) 

When you are in the Category field, are you making sure the options to save the QuickFill Rule is checked?

That is the first place to check.
  • Dorothy H
    Dorothy H Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Fixed!! Quicken prompted me to install new version about 15 minutes ago - Quicken Deluxe 6.1.1 - and it worked. The transfer categories are now quickfilling.
This discussion has been closed.