Loan accounts reporting incorrect current balances . actually showing as Paid off when they are not.

After a recent quicken Premier update earlier this week , both my home mortgage and Auto Loan accounts are reporting the current balance as "paid off" with zero balance and no matter how many times I run the update for each account. it does not correct itself with the correct current balance. These accounts are with Chrysler Capital and Nationstar Mortgage. I fully deleted the Chrysler Capital account and recreated it however it now reports the current balance as the FULL amount of the original principle with NO payment history..

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Steve-R,

Can you tell me whether you had originally setup these loans as "downloading" or "connected" loans in Quicken?  These types of loans download information from the
    bank or financial institution, and don't have an account register that you can make entries in or change/edit downloaded transactions.  Also how laong ago, did you establish these loan accounts in your Quicken file.

Please also tell me which versions of both Windows and Quicken you are running.

Thanks,

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Steve-R
    Steve-R Member
    Ironically the Nationstar Mortgage account just corrected itself and now reports the correct current balance. I also just deleted the Chrysler Capital account again (3rd time) and re-created it and NOW its reporting the correct balance as well.. so I guess I am all set.. very odd. Thank you for the reply!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Well that's good news.  Follow-up question,  do you use Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the web?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• hoffmtj
    hoffmtj Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. on Feb 3rd an adjustment showed up which was the exact payoff amount. Can not delete the transaction because it is grayed out. It was set up to download transactions via Web access.
  • hoffmtj
    hoffmtj Member ✭✭
    I think I figured out how to correct it. Not sure if it will work but we will see the next time I post a payment. I turned off online access. Than made a manual adjustment to the loan for the amount that appeared in the full payment schedule. Now it shows the correct info on the loan.
  • sparkerc
    sparkerc Member ✭✭
    I am also seeing the same issue. For me, the issue started after the recent update from R30.21 to R31.12. All loan balances (all using Express Web Connect) have been adjusted and marked as paid off.
This discussion has been closed.