The "Report a Problem..." function does not work

Garry@
Garry@ Member ✭✭✭✭
I have tried many times to use the "Report a Problem..." function.  It never works.  it always displays this dialog:

Naturally, I am connected to the internet and I have LittleSnitch running which shows that Quicken is sending a receiving data when I click on "Send to Quicken" (there are no rules preventing Quicken sending and receiving data).

Why does this function never work ?  If there is something amiss with my Quicken account why cannot Quicken tell me ?

Quicken 7.3.2 in macOS 14.1.1, on Mac Studio Max 24c. Quicken for Mac user since 1997.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Dan
    Quicken Dan Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    For those following along, the above issue affects a _very_ small number of data files (the major source of previous failures was already fixed).  This failure is caused by it being a "formerly synced" file where the old dataset in the cloud has been deleted, and where no future online activity occurs.  The app becomes confused and tries to reference that (deleted) cloud data set, and the feedback fails.  We have a fix queued up for the next release.  In the meantime, creating a brand new data file and submitting the feedback from there works around the problem (assuming you don't need to send the sanitized datafile itself).  

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Garry@ There have been problems with Report a Problem for awhile, depending what information you're sending, and it turns out the developers were not aware of it until recently.

What version of Quicken are you running: 6.0.3 or 6.1.0? The developers made some fixes in 6.1 which are supposed to fix problems with Report a Problem. Version 6.1 began limited release last week, but appears to be paused currently. Usually that's because a problem reported by users needs to be fixed before they allow more people to download it, and usually the delay is only a few days. (If you want 6.1 right now, you can use File > Check for Updates to force a manual download. But since we know there's some problem(s) they're fixing, it might be best just to wait until 6.1.1 gets released.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Garry@

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here it might think you're not signed in which is why you're getting the message. Something that might work easily would be to try signing out and back in. To do this you can go across the top top Quicken > Sign out > Sign In after signing out. 

Once you've tried this let us know if you're able to get through to the report section. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• jacobs
    @Quicken Francisco  There are known problems with Report a Problem, and there are some fixes in the 6.1 release. That's direct from the development team.
  • Garry@
    Garry@ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Thank you everyone for all your contributions.  I am using Quicken for Mac 6.1.0 (Build 601.37882.100).  I have tried the suggestion above and signed out then signed-in.  I then tried the "Report a Problem..." function.  It did not seem to work.  I still get the "An unexpected error occurred while sending your feedback report." dialog.  It's possible that this function is working but popping the error dialog in error.  But, I've not had any replies to my reports so, I am assuming that nothing gets through.  I've attached a capture showing the URLs to which Quicken has sent data in the last 10 minutes (which includes my attempt to send a report).

Is it relevant that I live in South Eastern Australia and so, some 17 hours ahead ?

Quicken 7.3.2 in macOS 14.1.1, on Mac Studio Max 24c. Quicken for Mac user since 1997.

• jacobs
    @Garry@  I don't think your location should be an issue, but stranger things have happened. ;)  I passed your note on to the member of the development team who was working on this issue for the 6.1 release.
  • Quicken Dan
    @Garry@ Did you have a data file open at the time of the report?  There is a known issue in 6.1 that causes this to fail in that case.  This is corrected in 6.1.1.  I'll check the logs to see if I can spot any failures from Australia.  I'll reach out to you directly via email if that's ok?
  • Quicken Dan
    update : I think I see a *very* narrow crack that @Garry@ seems to have fallen into.  I'll reach out directly and report back here when we have it fixed.
  • Garry@
    Garry@ Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Dan Happy to liaise by email or the Community private messages.

Yes, I did have a data file open.  Don't know how to close a data file without quitting Quicken.  Is there a way ?

• Quicken Dan
    I'll reach out privately.  I think I understand what's happening to you, but I want to verify before I schedule a fix.

• Quicken Dan
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    For those following along, the above issue affects a _very_ small number of data files (the major source of previous failures was already fixed).  This failure is caused by it being a "formerly synced" file where the old dataset in the cloud has been deleted, and where no future online activity occurs.  The app becomes confused and tries to reference that (deleted) cloud data set, and the feedback fails.  We have a fix queued up for the next release.  In the meantime, creating a brand new data file and submitting the feedback from there works around the problem (assuming you don't need to send the sanitized datafile itself).  
  • Garry@
    Garry@ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks for the responsive support.

This discussion has been closed.