Paycheck won't show in Budget

I can't get a new employer paycheck to populate in Budgets. I had to back date to 12-30-2020 and have had two paychecks in 2021. I set this up using Planning, Tax Center, Add Paycheck. I've entered the 2021 paychecks using Manage Bill And Income Reminders. Checked and unchecked "Include Reminders" in Budget Actions/View Options. Nothing seems to get the paychecks recorded in Budgets. Any ideas on what i can try? Thank you.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Have you included the paycheck or its categories in the the budget?  For example, open the budget, select Manage Budget Categories, select Paychecks, check the paycheck, and select OK.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that I had completed that step as well.
    Have you verified the account into which the paycheck is deposited is included in the budget?  For example, open the budget, select Budget Actions > Select accounts...
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Yes, the account the paycheck is deposited into is checked. I have other paychecks that also go into taht account and there is no issue with them. Only the latest, newest paycheck i set up.
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Before restoring a Quicken file backup (or opening an earlier version of a Quicken file), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts and enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue but, for now, before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating a Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Have you included the paycheck or its categories in the the budget?  For example, open the budget, select Manage Budget Categories, select Paychecks, check the paycheck, and select OK.
  • allgoodnamestaken
    allgoodnamestaken Member ✭✭✭
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Have you verified the account into which the paycheck is deposited is included in the budget?  For example, open the budget, select Budget Actions > Select accounts...
  • allgoodnamestaken
    Yes, the account the paycheck is deposited into is checked. I have other paychecks that also go into taht account and there is no issue with them. Only the latest, newest paycheck i set up.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Before restoring a Quicken file backup (or opening an earlier version of a Quicken file), I suggest deleting the Quicken Cloud dataset (aka cloud account) associated with the Quicken file.  Note: You need to open another Quicken file to delete the appropriate cloud account.  You may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-edit-or-delete-your-cloud-datasets-quicken-windows

The other Quicken file needs to have a distinct file identifier so that we may delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file.  For example, you may create a new Quicken file (select File > New Quicken File...) without any accounts and enable sync in preferences so you may view and delete the cloud account associated with the original Quicken file. 

This is necessary because when we open or restore an another version of the Quicken file with the same file identifier, Quicken is not resetting the cloud account appropriately at this time.  I hope they will let us know when they have addressed this issue but, for now, before opening another Quicken file that has the same file identifier embedded, delete the cloud account.  

Note: Only File > New Quicken File... generates a distinct file identifier.  All other forms of creating a Quicken file, copy the embedded identifier from another file.

• allgoodnamestaken
    I tried the reset option on the link you provided and that seems to have solved the issue or at least populated the Budget with the paycheck figures. I'm hoping it didn't affect anything else. Thank you for all of your help.
This discussion has been closed.