Email of invoices not getting sent

danlapin
danlapin Member ✭✭✭
Hello, I tried to send an invoice to my email address and i was unable to do so. I'm looking for the answer if anyone know why I'm unable to send one even though it was sent according to quicken

Thank you

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using a Yahoo email address?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • danlapin
    danlapin Member ✭✭✭
    no I'm using a Hotmail
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @danlapin

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Could we get some more details of what's happening? are people not receiving your emails or are you not able to send them out? How long has this been happening? Did this happen after a recent update? 

Once you get the chance let us know some more details so we're able to see what's going on.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• danlapin
    danlapin Member ✭✭✭
    hello, so i tested to send an email to myself before i send out to a customer and i never received even though i got a pop up from quicken stating that it was sent.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    danlapin said: no I'm using a Hotmail
    Can you test sending it to someone else - maybe with a Gmail acct ?
    With the recent versions of Quicken, your email is actually getting packaged and sent to the Quicken servers, who in turn, then email it to your target.  If the receiving email servers view it as Spam or doesn't look like a valid email, it might be deleted - and not even dropped into a Spam folder.
    [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• danlapin
    danlapin Member ✭✭✭
    i tested and the person i send it to received but its landing in the spam. However, I also requested a copy and didn't receive. So we have two issues here. First i want to make sure my email landing in email box instead of spam and the second i want to make sure if i request a copy that i get it as well.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Again, it has nothing really to do with your sending of the email - it's how it is received by each of the receiving email servers.  There are several different ways a receiving email server may authenticate the email headers - and just delete it vs dropping it into your Spam folder.  You really have no control over that - its totally up to the configuration of the receiving email server.
    This has come up in other threads - the workaround is to save the invoice as a PDF, and manually email it yourself.
    FYI  - I can't receive emails from this forum on my normal email address - they just disappear......

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I use Hotmail and have no trouble sending myself an invoice.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.