How Can I Change A TAG type

most of the business tags I've entered appear as "Other" . I haven't used tags much and only had 1 active business before. However, I now have several businesses and want to track them separately. Each has its own bank account. Do I need to worry about the Tag "type" being "Other" instead of "Business"?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Chipster

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. With the way you have your account set up you should be ok since you're easily able to already organize reports by accounts. The way you're using tags should work just fine for what you're doing. If you're looking to organize your transactions between multiple accounts you may want to look a bit deeper as tags.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you explain further where you are seeing this "other" vs "business" designation?

I suspect the main distinction might be that Copy number is unique for each "business" tag and is blank for "other" tag, but I cannot confirm that at this time.
  • MarkSNadel
    MarkSNadel Member ✭✭
    To make a Tag become a "Property" tax it must be set up under Rental Properties. I imagine that "Business" Tags must have the same restriction. It would be nice if we could edit the type of tag under Tags and Edit.
This discussion has been closed.