Is there a way to track bills without making payment?

Hi Support,

Is there a way to track bills but not set up payment?

I tried setting up a bill to track, but it required bill payment information to complete. I only need the payee's name, due date, possibly the category, and amount in one centralized location, which is not possible perusing the budget or expenses.

Think of it as a bill-inventory list.

Possibly there is a report that would give me this information, as well?

Thank you,

Best Answer

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    That is essentially what bill reminders are.  They are set up to repeat on bill due dates.  With basic reminders you can have the payment estimated from past payments or use the current balance for credit cards.  If you want Quicken to try and retrieve the bill, setting up online bills will do that for some billers, provided they have ebills on their web site and quicken can access them.  You don't need to set up Quick Pay to retrieve online bills but there have been many problems reported of bills not being retrieved in a timely manner so I've found it easier just to track reminders and enter the current payment amounts when I retireve the statement.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    That is essentially what bill reminders are.  They are set up to repeat on bill due dates.  With basic reminders you can have the payment estimated from past payments or use the current balance for credit cards.  If you want Quicken to try and retrieve the bill, setting up online bills will do that for some billers, provided they have ebills on their web site and quicken can access them.  You don't need to set up Quick Pay to retrieve online bills but there have been many problems reported of bills not being retrieved in a timely manner so I've found it easier just to track reminders and enter the current payment amounts when I retireve the statement.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• LRL
    LRL Member ✭✭
    Oops, my response did not get posted.

I looked at the "Other bill or income" option in the popup and that worked. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.