Product Expert Services?

Options
I am really interested in taking advantage of the budgeting and planning tools in Quicken Deluxe, but find it daunting. Are there any lists of reliable book keepers who can set those things up so I can then use them? I don't need a bookkeeper really, but more like a consultant to set things up so I can use them...

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    It's actually pretty simple.  Begin with the "Getting Started" section in Q Help (F1).
    Next, you already know what many of your Accounts (Asset and Liability item) are.  They're your checking, savings, credit card, loan, investment accounts.
    To figure out your categories, take a look at your most recent completed tax return.  Anything that's shown there should probably be a Category (Income & Expense items) in Q.
    Then, there's the non-tax Categories.  Groceries, Transportation, Reading, etc.
    In order to use Q's Budgeting and Planning tools, you need to tell Q WHAT you're budgeting and planning.  The accounts and categories that you establish are the source of that info.
    Come back with any specific questions.  But HELP and the above, should get you started.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Mike Moser,

I'd suggest that you consider reviewing some of the videos that are available on YouTube.  Here's a link to such a video that was developed by Quicken titled "How to Create a Budget LINK.  It is a good "starter" video that explains the basics.

Additionally, you can search YouTube for other videos that were posted by Quicken users for helpful instructions and tips.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    It's actually pretty simple.  Begin with the "Getting Started" section in Q Help (F1).
    Next, you already know what many of your Accounts (Asset and Liability item) are.  They're your checking, savings, credit card, loan, investment accounts.
    To figure out your categories, take a look at your most recent completed tax return.  Anything that's shown there should probably be a Category (Income & Expense items) in Q.
    Then, there's the non-tax Categories.  Groceries, Transportation, Reading, etc.
    In order to use Q's Budgeting and Planning tools, you need to tell Q WHAT you're budgeting and planning.  The accounts and categories that you establish are the source of that info.
    Come back with any specific questions.  But HELP and the above, should get you started.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Mike Moser,

I'd suggest that you consider reviewing some of the videos that are available on YouTube.  Here's a link to such a video that was developed by Quicken titled "How to Create a Budget LINK.  It is a good "starter" video that explains the basics.

Additionally, you can search YouTube for other videos that were posted by Quicken users for helpful instructions and tips.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.