unable to activate new Premier version ..had old deluxe exprired version ..which was removed

Options
u2go
u2go Member
Recently i purchased new quicken premier boxed version and try to activate ..no success after 10 attempts and chat support.. had seen many different error message . I had old expired and cancelled version of deluxe on on PC.

Tried so many suggested tricks ..chat support ..only seen different error messages at different screen ..removed all prior version of quicken ..rename old directories , created new file ..created different id ....No success as quicken.com still shows my old expired subscription..

is there a way to get past that and activate my new subscription ...spent more than 2 days after this (frustrated as many on quicken product and services .) ..does quicken do any testing on their product ?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Hi @u2go,

I suggest that - instead of chat support - you contact Quicken Support by telephone and have them walk you through the process - see this LINK or call this number directly (650) 250-1900 - although I believe they may not be working today (holiday).

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• u2go
    u2go Member
    Options
    Thx...they are not open today and also last 2 days (since they only have M-F call support) i asked the same to Chat support ..on Friday ..since the wait time was 3 hrs when i looked at it
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I thought they would be closed for the holiday today.  I'd like to try to help you, but given the extent of the actions you've already tried, I really don't know where to start.  Do you have a second computer available - on which you could start over from scratch?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @u2go ,

Under Help, with Quicken Deluxe installed, click Enter Activation Code.

Once you enter the Activation Code, click Activate Membership.

If you uninstall Quicken, use this procedure to reinstall:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.