Why aren't my categories automatically filling for online payees when I pay bills?

2020 Quicken for Windows subscription. Version R31.12 Build 27.1.31.12

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @zebramidge,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to Validate your data file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair...
    4. Select Validate file 
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 3) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• zebramidge
    zebramidge Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Anja" said:
    > Hello @zebramidge,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to Validate your data file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).* Navigate to the File menu
    > * Select File Operations
    > * Validate and Repair...
    > * Select Validate file 
    >
    > * Click OK
    > * Close the Data Log
    >
    > * Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    > * Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    >
    > You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 3) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.
    >
    > Let us know how it goes!

Thanks. I went through that process online in a chat with a Quicken rep. It didn't really change anything. The rep suggested that I stop paying from the Online Center (as I've been doing since I started using Quicken in 1996) and start using the Bills and Income tab commands. Not sure exactly when that became a thing, but I'll give it a try.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @zebramidge Thanks for the update!

If you notice any further issues after trying the suggestion provided by the support agent you spoke with, please don't hesitate to reach back out! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.