List of banks that allow "enable bank bill pay" in Quicken for Mac

Does Quicken publish a list of banks that allow "enable bank bill pay" in Quicken for Mac?

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you are referring to Direct Connect Bill Pay as in where you bank handles payment, no, there is no consumer list showing this.

Even if there were, or if you were provided a list of banks supporting DC, you would still have to contact each regarding Bill Pay availability for your actual account type, possible fees, and enrollment. This applies not only to Bill Pay, but Direct Connect connectivity in general: some customers at Bank XYZ might not get it, but more "preferred" ones (high balance, etc.) can.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Your might want to read through the following discussion for Windows versions
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877300/banks-offering-billpay-payment-initiation-through-quicken#latest

I'm not sure what the equivalent bank data list would be called on a Mac but there must be something similar.  Also, the pdf list provided in the link is dated but it might be a good place to start if you want to contact some local banks.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    jrich75 said:
    Your might want to read through the following discussion for Windows versions
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877300/banks-offering-billpay-payment-initiation-through-quicken#latest

I'm not sure what the equivalent bank data list would be called on a Mac but there must be something similar.  Also, the pdf list provided in the link is dated but it might be a good place to start if you want to contact some local banks.

Quicken for Mac has the same (but Mac specific) fidir.txt list, but it isn't intended for a consumer to digest. As for more customer friendly PDF type files, the problem is that partnering bankings are being added/removed frequently. So, yes, it can become out of date.

I do think it is best that C.A.S contacts banks he or she is interested in versus looking at a Quicken list. The options/availability/fees of Direct Connect Bill Pay are likely to vary just based on account/status. 
This discussion has been closed.