After R31.12 update - My Paycheck Splits were wiped out

beandog
beandog Member
After the update today (to R31.12), ALL of my paycheck splits, where I track all of my deductions have been wiped out and replaced with Salary or Salary Spouse, with no additional data and no way to add them. This is unaccaptable and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Answers

• Synch wiped out my paycheck splits also.  I had to
    1) restore my most recent backup copy,
    2) add transactions back since my most recent backup,
    3) reset my synch data and start over. 

I've also been having numerous other synch issues.  Reference id errors, synch not working, etc.  
  • Vanimal
    Vanimal Member ✭✭
    Same. Why on earth would you do this, Quicken????!!!! CAN YOU FIX IT????
  • Cenolar
    Cenolar Member ✭✭
    I first reported this in 2018 and it's still not fixed. I had disabled the Web Sync but the latest update reenabled it so it wiped out my paychecks again.
  • @Cenolar I had the same problem in 2018 and it was eventually fixed.  I don't work for Quicken so I can't say definitely but I'm relatively sure this is a new issue and I think it has to do with the new synch functionality they recently added.  I have synched my data since 2018 and have never had my paycheck details wiped out until the other day.  
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cenolar said:   I had disabled the Web Sync but the latest update reenabled it so it wiped out my paychecks again.
    I don't have Sync enabled....
    are you saying the R31.12 ... RE-ENABLES the Sync setting, even if it was OFF...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Cenolar
    Cenolar Member ✭✭
    It did for me. After the update I got a message saying it was now doing a one time update. So I immediately went to my paycheck and sure enough they were wiped out and my Web Sync was back on.
  • jcrompt1
    jcrompt1 Member ✭✭
    add another victim here
  • I also have lost the splits for my paychecks for 2020. :o
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize for the frustration this has caused.

Please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue.

To be able to move forward, I would restore a backup saved prior to installing the update to ensure that the split transactions are intact and that the sync is now disabled. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Was almost going to download the R31.12 update - but guess not...
    Guess I'm going to stay with R30.21 - maybe forever - as it seems that every R31.xx release intros some new bug, some subtle, some trashing the QDF file, or at least some specific entries - AND - appears to also RE-Enable the Cloud Sync feature... which trashes things on its own.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jillrc
    jillrc Member
    edited February 2021
    For paycheck entries prior to the update, the splits are showing as blank and zeroed out. See image.

The amount in the register is accurate and if I hover over the green "check" to see the split it shows these correctly. I just can't edit or adjust the split amounts for any prior to the update.

I recreated my paycheck post update and I am able to see these just as I would expect to - it works fine.

Please help, I've lost all my historic paycheck details.
  • jillrc
    jillrc Member
    Here is the image.
  • Randolph Jones
    Randolph Jones Member ✭✭✭
    This just happened to me AGAIN. This is the third or fourth time. Every few months, a few of the most recent paycheck entries become damaged like this. The total is still correct, but the splits show zeroes for everything, and my "dashboard" shows each of these paychecks as "uncategorized". Also, every new paycheck from then on is also damaged. So I have to delete and replace all the old damaged paychecks, and I have to deleting my recurring paycheck reminder and enter a new one all over again. This is getting EXTREMELY tedious!
  • Randolph Jones
    This same problem just happened to me for the FOURTH time in the past two years.
  • dvmdoc
    dvmdoc Member ✭✭
    Same thing happened to me I don't get on this forum often but I have to say I am SOOOOOO frustrated with how buggy Quicken is (and I"ve been a user since '95). Paycheck entries when 'hovering' over the split transaction shows detail but when clicking on it then it all comes up empty/0 as others have described above. Running a data file repair documents all of these paycheck entries now as having a split to an unspecified account. C'mon Quicken get your act together.
  • Randolph Jones
    Restoring from a backup is no solution at all, because I have entered lots of transaction before seeing that things were zeroed out. So I either have to restore from the backup and re-enter all the recent transaction, or I just have to re-enter the 6 paychecks that got zeroed out. Obviously I have to pick one, but both are a ridiculous waste of time for a bug that has been around for a couple of years.

I have reported this problem from Quicken more than once...never see any results.
  • rjb
    rjb Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka is this an acknowledged issue? It seems extremely easy to reproduce. I turned off cloud sync, then fixed all of my paychecks. Then, after backing up, I did a reset of cloud data and turned cloud sync again. All the recent paychecks were once again corrupt.
  • Vic P
    Vic P Member
    edited February 2021
    [Removed-Rant/Unhelpful]
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @rjb

Thank you for the response, this issue has previously been reported, please see the discussion available here.

To contribute to the investigation of the issue, please navigate to Help > Report a Problem to report this issue. I do not have an ETA that I am able to provide at this time, although I apologize for the frustration that this has caused.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.