Summarizing categories in search

Options
Not sure where to post... when doing a search of transactions for a specific category, payee, date etc the search sometimes shows with a summary ($) of the search and sometimes not. How do I set it to always show a summary rather than me having to add up manually?

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing. Are you using the Search field (magnifying glass icon) at the top right of an account register? Is the summary that you sometimes see directly under this search field in the form of "X matches ($NNNN.NN)" ?

If this is what we're talking about, then I can't seem to create a situation where this summary does not appear. Can you provide a specific example of a search where it doesn't show?

BTW, another place to see this number is the Balance column. When a search is active and/or any filters set, the Balance column becomes light gray italic. But it does show the total of the displayed transactions in running balance form.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing. Are you using the Search field (magnifying glass icon) at the top right of an account register? Is the summary that you sometimes see directly under this search field in the form of "X matches ($NNNN.NN)" ?

If this is what we're talking about, then I can't seem to create a situation where this summary does not appear. Can you provide a specific example of a search where it doesn't show?

BTW, another place to see this number is the Balance column. When a search is active and/or any filters set, the Balance column becomes light gray italic. But it does show the total of the displayed transactions in running balance form.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.