Having trouble inputting a paycheck.

I am trying to streamline my budget. My husband's paycheck is in the system properly but my paycheck is currently listed as a deposit and I want to correct this. I have tried payroll wizard numerous times and that has not worked.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @sgrimm

You can change that "Category" to whatever you want to call it. 

1) Just go to "Tools" > "Manage Bill & Income Reminders";
    2) Right-click on the "Payor" name and select "Edit this instance and all future instances";
    3) In the gray box > Click on "Category":
    4) In the pop-up window > Change whatever is in the "Category" field to the name you want to use > then Click "OK".  But note that if this is a brand new Category, the "New Category" window will open and you'll need to fill-in some information, including possibly Tax information which is not mandatory.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @sgrimm

Can you tell us where things go wrong when you try the payroll wizzard?  That may help us to help you.

Also - when you say "but my paycheck is currently listed as a deposit" I assume that you mean that the net check/payment is all that you are currently recording in Quicken, so you likely want to be able to record in Quicken the Gross Wages, Tax Withholdings, and Other Withholdings.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• sgrimm
    sgrimm Member ✭✭
    I put the paycheck in as a net. After I follow the payroll wizard steps and press done the paycheck does not come up under payroll. It is listed as personnel income.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @sgrimm

You can change that "Category" to whatever you want to call it. 

1) Just go to "Tools" > "Manage Bill & Income Reminders";
    2) Right-click on the "Payor" name and select "Edit this instance and all future instances";
    3) In the gray box > Click on "Category":
    4) In the pop-up window > Change whatever is in the "Category" field to the name you want to use > then Click "OK".  But note that if this is a brand new Category, the "New Category" window will open and you'll need to fill-in some information, including possibly Tax information which is not mandatory.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.