How many customers can you have?

When you go over 500, it doesn't recognize them. You can delete from your address book, but the program still thinks they are there

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    With that many customers, you MIGHT be using an inappropriate product.
    Take a look at Quickbooks, which can import your Q data file.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry @NotACPA but I don't agree with you. I have a computer service business that's just me and have over 1900 names in the 17 years I've been in business. As @MainStreetTax discovered, once you exceed the 500 limit, you're SOL even if you delete names. I've been complaining about the 500 limit for almost 17 years but it has fallen on deaf ears. How hard can it be to increase the limit?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The R31.5 January release was supposed to:
    • Removed the limit for the number of addresses allowed in the Address Book.
    I gather that wasn't a resolution to the problem.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    AFAIK, there was never a limit for the number of addresses in the Address Book. As I posted, I have over 1900 addresses. It's when you try to Print Statements that you hit the 500 customer limit.

• Exactly! We have an older version of Quicken, but I am guessing from your comments, that the 500 limit has not changed - so frustrating!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg_the_Geek said: ... and have over 1900 names ...
    just curious - where and how do you use the Address Book ?
    I thought I could use it to email reports, but that didn't seem to exist -
    - R30.21 - DELUXE -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Greg_the_Geek
    I use it to keep track of customers. I can email invoices using email addresses from the address book but not statements.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it to keep track of customers. I can email invoices using email addresses from the address book but not statements.
    For me - with Deluxe - I couldn't understand why or how it was to be used, since the obvious choice for sending out reports didn't allow using the Address Book feature ...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10