Importing accounts from one file to another

I received help in importing/exporting a QXF file, but when I try to do it, I get a message asking to put in the proper name of the file. I think I am, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Please help.

Best Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @BaileyP

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is an odd issue here. I'm wondering exactly what it looks like. If you wouldn't mind could you take a screenshot of the issue so we're able to see exactly what's happening. I'll leave instructions on how to do so down below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Note you may need to drag the photos into the response box in order to add them.

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    BaileyP said:
    I checked and the files I am trying to merge are QDF-backup files. The instructions for importing/exporting are for QXF files. Is that the problem? Is there a way to convert the QDF files to QXF?

Hi @BaileyP ,

You cannot import or export files from Backup Files.

You need to work on straight QDF files. That means, you need to restore the Backup File then work on the file without the Date or Time stamp in the name.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

Answers

This discussion has been closed.