Why am I "losing" the reminder for my mortgage payment every time I "log off" - each night???

Why am I "losing" the reminder for my mortgage payment every time I "log off" - each night???  Every time I log off, I lose my loan payment (mortgage) payment "reminder.  This continually throws off all projections until I re-establish this reminder.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @John Arena

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

May I ask, have you recently restored a backup copy of your data file?  If not, have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far, such as running the Validate & Repair tool (File > File Operations > Validate & Repair) or removed and recreated the "skipped" loan reminder?

Also, do you use the mobile or web application by chance?

Please let us know, thank you.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • John Arena
    John Arena Member ✭✭
    I have not recently restored a backup - on this, my main computer.  I did the file repair, and it held all day, with multiple logs in and out.  But it then LOST the reminder again overnight.  I am continually recreating the loan payment reminder, as I now check it every time I log on. 
    I AM noticing that my updating of about 75% of my financial institutions has been, what best can be described as excruciatingly slow.  I also noticed what appears to be a yellow slanted exclamation point next to these same institutions (only) when on the start update screen, which was never there before.  Now what?
  • John Arena
    John Arena Member ✭✭
    Upon further review:
    I checked the balance on mortgage loan and it was zero - hence no payment reminder (it is decidedly NOT zero - so it got reset during the automatic update).  So, I decided to restore a backup from last night, without updating.  The mortgage balance was restored - until the file synched with the cloud, at which time the balance magically switched to zero again.  HELP.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @John Arena

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would recommend restoring a backup up once more and then disabling sync, this should prevent the issue from reoccurring. 

To disable syncing, please see the step below.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. If the Sync showed ON please toggle the sync to OFF

As for the slowness, there is an alert posted available here, that contains more details.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • John Arena
    John Arena Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    The problem with the mortgage is that the mortgage service company is NO LONGER BEING updated - I attempted to disconnect, then reconnect  The NEW system did NOT recognize the service company nor the Bank.  Also, when updating, the "new" information which is "updated" is NOT matching with the hand entered information - as it always had in the past!

• John Arena
    John Arena Member ✭✭
    Well.  Now I cannot even attempt to "link" my mortgage with ANY bank  or mortgage service company - There are NO "set-up" options.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hello @John Arena

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.