Removing unused accounts from the One Step Update list

I have a number of old Direct Connect accounts that are listed One Step Update that I would like to remove. They are associated with accounts that are closed and hidden... yet they show up in the dropdown list as options. I have attached captured images of the dropdown list and the account list to see what I mean.

The Quicken file has been repaired (regular and super) and all is consistent. Any idea why they continue to show up as viable options when they do not exist?

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2021
    The data file thinks they are still activated for downloads; are they?

adding- You mean Closed in Quicken Account Details for each account so they don't show as activated for download?  If so, your file is in a state it takes some work to restore.
  • Jon2
    Jon2 Member ✭✭
    No. Not only are they not active, in two cases the actual accounts have been closed. You can see from the account list that they all are labeled "Not Available" for Transaction Download. There are only two active accounts, the rest are historic data.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Only activated accounts show up in that list in a normal data file.  Yours is abnormal.

Have you tried deleting the name of the Financial Institution in Account Details?  Double-check deactivate is not an option. If that does not work, the only option available is to create new manual accounts, move the transactions from the misbehaving accounts and then delete the abnormal accounts.
This discussion has been closed.