Restore from backup

Options
I'm so frustrated.

I've been using Quicken for years. I can't fix this problem.

I made the mistake of changing the category on a reconciled item. For some reason, just changing the category, made my whole register off by significant amounts. When I restored from a recent backup, I find ALL my accounts off by thousands of dollars. I go to the trouble of fixing them and then update them with online transactions, and they're off again.

WHY? Why doesn't restoring from a recent backup just wipe out my recent work and make me have to do it again. Why does it change old transactions and blow up everything????

What am I doing wrong?

HELP

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Needausername

Sorry to hear about the problems you are seeing.

Restoring from a backup, or simply changing a category -  obviously should not cause what you are seeing.

Can you tell us which versions of both Windows and Quicken you are running?  Also, do you use Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the Web?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Needausername
    Options
    I'm using Windows 10, and Quicken Deluxe. I use Quicken Mobile, too. I keep all current with updates.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you restore an older backup and also stop using mobile to see if that your problem. 

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

This discussion has been closed.