A new user asks: How can I select an ENTIRE transaction (as opposed to just a single field with it?)

In the Quicken register, I would like to use the up and down arrows to move up and down one row at a time. Everything I read says this should work.

But when I click on a transaction I go directly into a field within that transaction, all highlighted and ready to edit. If there is a dropdown in the field and hit the up or down arrows, I move up and down WITHIN THE CATEGORY.

How can I select the ENTIRE transaction so that I can use the up and down arrows to scroll through the register? Is there a setting that addresses this, or perhaps a keyboard command?

Thank you for your help with this basic question, which does not seem to be addresses anywhere. If there exists a help page or manual that helps with this type of beginner question I would be glad to know about it!

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    When you first open a register the new entry line is selected.  You can then use the up/down arrows from there.   If you do click on an entry with the mouse it will select the cell but you can then hit escape to have it select the transaction and allow you to use the arrow keys to move up/down

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    When you first open a register the new entry line is selected.  You can then use the up/down arrows from there.   If you do click on an entry with the mouse it will select the cell but you can then hit escape to have it select the transaction and allow you to use the arrow keys to move up/down

• Elizabeth A
    Elizabeth A Member ✭✭
    Thank you! That is the information I needed
This discussion has been closed.